Just like other parts of our body, our brains also needs nutrients. Eating a balanced diet meal is as good to your mental health, as it is to your physical health. Choosing what food to eat to boost brain activity has never been an easy task. However, research has shown that particular foods can really help on this.
Below are five foods that we can eat to boost our brains.
1. Vitamin B – Vitamins B1 (thiamin), B6 (pyridoxine) and B12, which are found in fruits and vegetables in good quantities, are necessary to maintain the nervous system balance. They also help to keep your mind sharp and focused.
2. Pumpkins – The seeds that are found in pumpkins, contains iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium which increases cognitive function and thinking capacity.
3. Broccoli – Broccoli has been known as a great source of vitamin K. This improves the power that our brains need to function properly. Its effect has also been known to boost cognition.
4. Fish – Oily fish contains a very good content of Omega 3 fats such as Eicosapentaenoic acid docosahexaenoic acid (EPA and DHA).These fats are essential for a healthy functionality of the brain.
5. Whole grains – Choose whole grains which release glucose. Glucose gives brains energy which helps us with the ability to concentrate and get well focused.
6. Tomatoes – Research has shown that tomatoes contains lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant which is important in preventing damage to brain cells.
7. Avocado – Avocado has a saturated fat which helps in the healthy flow of blood. This leads to a healthy flow of brain activity.
8. Vitamin c – Fresh fruits can be a very good source of vitamin C and also spinach. They are very good at improving our memory.
9. Almond nuts – Research shows that almond nuts contain vitamin E which helps to prevent a decline in cognitive.
10. Blue Berries – A research shown that blueberries can be used to delay memory lapse.
A healthy state of mind is very vital to every human being. If you were looking for what food to eat boost brain activity, this might be just what you need.
Check out brain boosting supplement Genbrain.